Interactive TV services package Penki TV
1. Live TV
- 1.1 Electronic Programme Guide (EPG): interactive TV programme and announcements of the present and forthcoming programmes. Features: present and forthcoming programmes recording for further review; reminder of the forthcoming broadcast - the alarm function.
- 1.2 Favourite channels: the possibility to create a separate favourite channels list.
- 1.3 Additional channels: the possibility to subscribe additional channels or channel sets (e.g. news, sports, or children channels) for a particular period of time.
- 1.4 Personal channel: the possibility to create a personal channel from the desired TV content and personal media archives.
- 1.5 Time Shift: a function of stoppage or delay of TV broadcasts for the later time. After a pause the broadcast is continued from that place where it has been suspended. The opportunity to rewind the real-time broadcast for few hours back.
- 1.6 Personal Video Recorder (PVR): recording of the selected program at the same time watching another one. The recording can also be pre-set for the selected forthcoming programme (programs).
- 1.7 Channel Blocker: restriction of children's access to certain channels or programs for some time. Channels are blocked using a PIN code.
- 1.8 Reminder: a special reminder of the desirable TV program that appears on the screen. Reminder should be preset. When the reminder appears on the screen, it can be switched off awhile. Moreover, the system can automatically switch on the channel, which relays your desirable program (after switching off chat rooms and e-mail programs).
2. On Demand
- 2.1 Video on Demand (VOD): a personal interactive videotheque. Additional functions: video rewind, pause, subtitle and audio track selection. Available video formats - MPEG2, MPEG4 (H264); Audio - MPEG1, MPEG2, AC3.
- 2.2 Near Video on Demand (nVOD): personal cinema at home. The repertoire, descriptions of selected cinema hall’s films, and other information (e.g. duration, audio tracks, and subtitles) are given out in advanced. Available video formats - MPEG2, MPEG4, (H264); Audio - MPEG1, MPEG2, AC3.
- 2.3 Playlist: the possibility to create personalized automatically updated playlist.
- 2.4 Home Media Gateway: a system for transfer of video and audio material stored on a computer to the TV screen, using a set-top-box. Friends or neighbours may be connected to it (using a password) and you can enjoy a review together.
3. Social communications
- 3.1 E-mail: the possibility to use e-mail and watch TV program at the same time. The system informs about new received emails during the review.
- 3.2 Facebook: the possibility to use a simplified Facebook version and watch TV program at the same time.
- 3.3 Chat room: the possibility to chat in a chat room with the other Penki TV users and watch TV program at the same time. The system informs about new received messages during the review.
- 3.4 Games: the possibility to play popular logic games, compete with other players in real time and review statistics, using the TV remote control.
4. The Internet and other virtual services
- 4.1 Internet: a web browser on TV screen.
- 4.2 Time: precise local time.
- 4.3 Exchange rates: latest central bank data on exchange rates, currency exchange calculator.
- 4.4 Weather forecast: the weekly weather forecast for cities selected from the list.
- 4.5 Horoscopes: weekly astrological forecast for 12 zodiacs.
- 4.6 Name-days: daily updated list of names; search by name and date.
- 4.7 RSS: subscription of the latest news from the internet in RSS format.
- 4.8 Flights schedules: continually updated departure and arrival schedule of the country’s main airport.
- 5.1 Accounting: information about the changing account balance and the ability to pay bills.
- 5.2 E-signature: e-signature technology provides the opportunity to vote in elections, using a set-top-box.
- 5.3 E-trade: the possibility to purchase goods and services at home. For goods and services you can pay immediately or together with the account for television.
- 6.1 TV on the Desktop (TOD): the possibility to watch TV broadcasts on desktop while working with the computer. Options: Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) for the present and forthcoming programmes, Personal Video Recorder for the later review (PVR), simultaneous several channels review (Picture-in-Picture), always visible the TV broadcast (Always on Top).
- 6.2 Web TV: the possibility to watch TV broadcasts and hired files from the videotheque on the computer. It is necessary to have a Web browser and VLC media player with an ActiveX function.
7. Smart House
Controlling the Smart House system (lighting, heating, security, audio and video apparatus) on the TV screen.